Friday 17 June 2011

My Best Friend Is Me

So today I'm just gonna write down the first thing that pops into my head, as I write which is what I'm writing now.... lol
The beauty of this is that it can actually help reveal what we have plaguing our minds,
With the release comes clarity...
So even though I'm not actually sure where this note will end up the truth is I don't actually care I'm typing straight off my mind letting the words flow out of me on their own accord and with each letter I type I feel as if a little more of me is released into the world (In a good way of course)
I love to write it’s as if my writing understands me...It’s the friend I turn to when the whole world seems to be against me...My confidant...My ally...My best friend...Which when you come to think about it really means that I am my own best friend...
And no I don’t find that sad or bizarre who could I trust more than myself??
If one really thinks about it being one’s own best friend has some serious advantages...
Complete Trust and Honesty
Faithfulness and Support...
Reliability....
We would never let ourselves down or betray ourselves in anyway...
In reality it’s the perfect solution...so when you look in the mirror and think you're alone in reality you're not...
You're with your best friend and as such your best friends the best coz they're there with you always...
So when you need to talk to your best friend I advise that you take a piece of paper and begin as such-
Dear Best Friend....
Then simply let whatever plagues you flow out onto the paper...and at the end of your letter you will find that writing to your best friend will have brought you clarity and perhaps even a reply...
It doesn’t matter if you don't believe me or think it’s crazy...My best friend thinks you stupid for believing so!! :)
I am my own best friend and that does not mean I'm friendless it simply means at the end of the day I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I can trust myself more than anyone else on Earth, and yes My best Friend and I sometimes do stupid things and regret them the next day but we never fail to learn from our mistakes and at least we did them together :)
My best friends not the type to jump off a bridge and say follow nigga follow. My best friend will stand beside me holding my hand screaming let’s do this shit :) lol
I think we're lucky when we learn to trust ourselves first..!
Coz how can we hope to trust others when we can’t even trust ourselves??
Trust begins from within...
  • I trust myself to do crazy shit but to always try to learn from my mistakes...
  • To never intentionally harm myself or others...
  • To try to always be honest with myself..
  • To love myself for who I really am and not pretend to be someone I'm not!
  • To try to ascertain when I deserve more than whatever I'm receiving..
  • To stand up for myself...
  • To protect myself from harm...
  • And to always remember my own worth.
If I can do all this for myself then I will always be happy.
And the people in my life will learn from my example.
My best Friend is Me :)
And that’s awesome. Coz me trusting me means I'm ready to trust you too...

*Trust is such a small word, That so many take it for granted as if its diminutive form in anyway relates to its importance, without trust we have nothing, In any relationship we enter into, it is a necessary requirement whether that be between Parent and Child or even Employer and Employee. We all need to be able to trust each other. Only with trust can we hope to proceed.... So trust first from within and then you'll be better equipped to trust others. *
~Live, Love, Be Happy~

No comments:

Post a Comment